The purpose of this requirement is to provide an outside source of writing evaluation for the students and to ensure that each student is prepared for the type of writing that will be expected of them in college and/or future life pursuits. This is a requirement for graduation from HCA. Students may fulfill this requirement in one of the following ways:
1) Passing grade in English 120 at the Napa Junior College (or equivalent)
2) Passing score of the written portion of SAT or ACT
3) Passing grade in a HCA academy day English Composition class
4) Passing score of the CHESPE
5) Passing score of essay submission to HCA
Students fulfilling this graduation requirement via essay submission are encouraged to submit essays early in their high school years in order to benefit from recommendations for improvement, if needed. Essay submissions are accepted October-April annually.
If your student has been diagnosed with special needs, please contact us as accommodations can be made.
Contact Katie Armitage for information regarding essay evaluations: email@example.com